MAGAs to America: Drop dead
MAGAs rule America.
MAGAs rule Trump. Trump rules the Republican Party. The GOP rules America through statehouse dominance, gerrymandering, filibustering and millionaire consultant-tested lying about wedge issues that fool and frighten their credulous sheep about Socialism.
Unfortunately, MAGAs don’t give a healthy crap whether their fellow citizens live or die. Ten proofs, if facts matter:
1. They deny Covid, refuse to mask and vax, spread the pandemic and keep it going, sickening and killing their fellow Americans.
2. They love a President whose Covid denial killed 40% more Americans than necessary.
3. They cheer a President who supported the deadly neo-Nazi racist rioters in Charlottesville.
4. They adore a President who wanted the military to shoot and kill peaceful Americans protesting against racism.
5. They defend a President who incited a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.
6. They defend Blue Lives when they kill Black Lives. Then they defend White Lives that attacked Blue Lives who were protecting White Lives at the Capitol, like their own Vice President Mike Pence.
7. They oppose environmental protections that prevent disease and death from polluted air, water and soil.
8. They deny climate change and oppose measures to curb it, siding with millionaire oil executives, despite the rising destruction, endangerment and death from violent storms, flooding and wildfires.
9. They’re happy to let fellow Americans get sick, sicker and die because they oppose “Socialized medicine.” Even though they depend on Socialized medicine like Medicare, Medicaid, taxpayer-subsidized employee plans and even the Affordable Care Act. Yep, while MAGAs hate ACA because Trump told them to, they signed up.
10. They demand more gun freedom that already kills over 100 Americans every day, around 40,000 a year, more than any other country.
“Give me liberty or give me death!” MAGAs declare.
Although many are internet chicken hawks, with powerful uninformed, misspelled, ungrammatical opinions they’re too cowardly to sign and stand behind when they express their anti-American hate.
But the deaths MAGAs cause for their fellow Americans, especially themselves, make their declarations of freedom awkward for mourners.
Jeffrey Denny is a Washington writer.